Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Writing

My intro to composition teacher was a grad student and we were her first class, meaning that none of us knew what was going on. As soon as I handed in my first paper, the teacher came down on me very hard saying I should not print in all caps. This was the days before computers were commonplace and even then I had sore fingers, but to try to please the young lady, I began printing my words like she wanted and by mid-term, I was her reluctant star pupil. My greatest problem was--and still is--sentence structure and knowing a verb from a vegetable; I hated high school English classes and learned very little. She thought I was good enough at writing that she offered to tutor me in my weakest points and I met with her at the school library once each week until I finally learned the difference between a pronoun and a potato. Although I didn't do anymore real writing until I bought my first PC in 1991, I always remembered her going the extra mile with me and should I ever publish a book, she will be in the dedication along with you who regularly read this blog..
----
Jeremy is riding in with a buddy Saturday and will stop by to see us for a few minutes. They are going to attend the race at Bristol on Sunday.
----
They must be working Keegan pretty hard; I hope he stays out of harm's way with the radiation problems Japan is having.
----
Have a wunnerful wunnerful Wednesday!
----


No comments:

Blog Archive