Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday's child

I am slowly easing back to normal; the shingles bout almost whipped me as I was recovering from prostatitis. I am yet to completely get over the malady; sill some pain in my neck and a lot of irritation and itching. In the midst of all that, three people I have known for many years--two I've known all my life--either died or are dieing. My cousin is in hospice with cancer; she was never a great friend of mine but she and my mother were close because they were first cousins and lived in the same community most of their lives. Actually a lot of things had me very distracted and deep in an emotional whirlpool. But, here I am!
----
I finally got access to some of my old photos from scanned negatives and a lot of other files I had on an external harddrive. The electronics that operated the unit went bad, but I was able to remove the HD and put it in a another external mount. Windows refuses to recognize the disc partitions because it was on a network drive. As I write this, I am on my Ubuntu Linux machine which recognizes about anything you an throw at it and I am backing the files to another disk.
----
Like an old man with prostate problems, the sky is steadily drizzling. It is the first rain we've had in several weeks; this area is still under drought conditions and forest fire warnings have been in place for at least two weeks. If the warm weather keeps coming, the grass will be quickly greening and winter bellies will be pushing lawnmowers over neighboring yards.
----
When it rains, it pours! Carolyn just phoned to let me know she was looking to lose another job at the end of March; the financial institution is planning to close a branch she has been cleaning for 12 years.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive