Sunday, February 20, 2011

Peppers and presidents

Carolyn is threatening to make potato salad; she wants to garnish it with slices from a green pepper pod, but one pod is $1.44 at Wal-Mart therefore the salad will be a bit plain and pepperless if and when she makes it. She hasn't felt like cooking a meal since she found out she was losing the big job at the end of this month; some depression is expected in her situation.
----
I had intended today to go out on my first photo shoot of the year but Ashley called and asked Carolyn to take her to a maternity clothing store, so here I sit at home alone trying to think of something to blog about. Have finger; must type!
It is a near-perfect day for shooting; the temps are mild, the sky is high-overcast and very good for catching colors at best natural saturation. I intended to go into Jonesborough just after churches dismissed at noon and then back to what remains of downtown JC.
----
I still haven't heard a robin sing this year, but they are beginning to fight over territory so the songs will soon be sung.
----
Tomorrow is a holiday in the U.S. of A.; Presidents Day. It was originally set to honor President Washington and then they added Lincoln, but is now proclaimed to honor all U.S. presidents, even Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush. It makes me sick that those two are remembered for anything except for dismembering our sacred Constitution. I can give Reagan a bit of credit for his Star Wars bluff that that helped bring an end to the Soviet empire, but Bush has no redeeming values.
----
I downloaded the Barnes & Noble nook reader for both the Droid and PC; it is not quite as polished as the Kindle reader but works well enough. I can open most e-reader files (Kindle excluded), Adobe .pdf, and normal text files with the nook software. I even put all my own stories and memoirs on the Droid, just in case I need to do some high-quality reading. I also downloaded The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest for the Nook. It is the final of the Stieg Larsson trilogy crime novels about the trials and tribulations of Lisbeth Salander. I like the lending feature of the Nook; I can lend my books to friends who have Nook readers and they have two weeks to read them.
----
I am about done with Shelfari; they have tied themselves to Amazon.com and it is causing me quite a problem. I have no qualms about the marriage of the two, but the fact I have an ongoing account with Shelfari plus a closed account with them has created a headache. Shelfari wants all their members to use an Amazon login which automatically ties the Shelfari and Amazon accounts together. The problem is that Amazon keeps linking to my closed Shelfari account instead of the one I now use. I can find no way to delete the closed account; it is merely "Deactivated". I use my main Gmail account for Amazon and my Yahoo account for Shelfari and any changes I try to make just re-activates my closed account, leaving me stuck in the twilight zone. I am now looking for a new online book club.
----
The photo is an oldie, but then, so am I.
----
Have a fun week, my friends.
----

No comments:

Blog Archive