Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Run, Run, Run

I forgot to buy tags for the truck. They expired yesterday, so I've spent the morning waiting to get renewed.

A pair of robins are nesting atop one of my stereo speakers on the back porch. We've moved ourselves to the front porch until they get done with their family thing.

Still trying to get used to new camera. Too damned many buttons and readouts. Why can't they take an old film-type SLR body and change it over to a digital format? Because it would be cheap and easy! No money there.

I've spent nearly one-third of my life in one type of school or another. I feel that I am reasonably educated, if not too smart. But I reckon I'll have to spend some more time getting someone to teach me the intricate details of modern photography. It used to be that the photograph was the important part of the medium. Not any more. It is knowing which button(s) to push and which knob to turn.

The only good thing that I can see about the process is seeing the results almost immediately. Of course, Mr. Polaroid had that figured out nearly sixty years ago.

No comments:

Blog Archive