Saturday, May 12, 2007

Evening Last
















I went into the old town last evening with the intention of doing some through-the-window photos, but they were having "music on the square" where all the quaint shops are located. I ended shooting some pics around the Presbyterian church area.

I was able to get a picture of an old house that I previously captured on a night assignment in the early eighties. The building hasn't changed as much as I have.

Being a National Historic District, the town is clean and well kept. Jonesborough is the home of the International Storytelling Center, which hosts the national Storytelling Festival in October of each year, and Jonesborough Days is held on Independence Day weekend.

Annually, the town draws thousands of tourists from around the world to experience some of the lifestyles of the "over-mountain" folk of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.

No comments:

Blog Archive