Thursday, May 17, 2007

Chapel Window


Chapel Window
Originally uploaded by annony_mouse.
The 9/11 Blues

Last evening I went out to take a few photos. It was raining, and I drove the seven miles to the Nolichucky River to see what was interesting.

I stopped along the way at the old Cherokee Baptist Church in an attempt to get a shot or two, then continued on to the river, seeking some of the places where long ago there were some good views. All the places where one could park were blocked by large boulders, so I headed back toward home.

Almost there when the rain stopped and the sun appeared, so I decided to go on over to the VA campus because on an earlier trip there, I saw what I thought would be a great photo opportunity. The sun would have to be low in the west for the shot I wanted.

When I got to my chosen area, I had to wait a few minutes for the light to be perfect. I got out of the Escape and walked to the spot that figured would be just right. I wasted a few clicks on some tree rats that were playing on the lawn across the street from the chapel, and a few more shots on the building beside my objective.

Suddenly, the sun came screaming through the west-side windows of the church, illuminating the east windows from inside. I was ready to "capture the moment".

I got one shot when a campus police officer drove up near me and asked if I had a permit to take photos on VA property. I told him no, and that I didn't know I needed one.

He told me to put the camera away and not take any more photos there without written permission. I complied with his order. He didn't say for me to leave the grounds, but he followed me until I did so.

Just outside the gates, a city police cruiser came racing up behind me almost to my bumper. I thought that it was going to be some hard time in Gitmo for me.

The patrol car backed off, but continued to follow me all the way home. The cruiser stopped in front of my house and waited until I got out of my vehicle before leaving. Damn, I felt important.
........................................................................................

Well, if you know me at all, you realize that I have a rant coming about all of this, don't you?

Stay tuned!

......................................................................................

The biggest problem with trying to live anonymously is people not knowing how really important I am. -KenA

No comments:

Blog Archive