Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We all need love and memories



It is Thanksgiving week 2010, and though there will be less food this year than in past holidays, there will be plenty. I am as thankful as ever and feel more fortunate; I am happy with my life. I wish Carolyn's and my parents could spend one more day at our table, and I wish that Jeremy and Keegan could be here to share this experience of family and love. I dream of seeing Mom (my grandmother) rocking in her old handmade rocking chair as she listens to Hank Williams sing on the radio. I wish my uncles Roy and Fred were with me; Roy sneaking a beer to keep Dot from fussing at him, and Fred deep in studious thought about walking the fields and woods. I wish my friends from "the day" were here, Fred and Alice, Ken and Brenda, Steve and Barb; just one more gathering to talk the talk even if we would have become too old to walk the walk. My new friends from around the world would be most welcome to share our humble feast; although we meet and greet in a virtual world, each one of you has become integrated into my life and you all are a joy I shall never forget.
----


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This excellent site saved me $487 for the entire year! They're an internet based service and are generally kind, caring, along with take great care of their clientele. Most importantly for me, they answer e-mail and reply calls with humans.

Blog Archive