Monday, November 08, 2010

Ramblin' man

Welcome back, Tammy!
----
After a lifetime of believing what cosmologists and other scientists say, and after reading thousands of hard science and science fiction stories, I have come to the conclusion that my believing that humans are just one of many species in the universe may be a delusion. It has become obvious that there are no more sentient beings out there among the nearer stars. The Miss Universe pageant has been ongoing since 1952 and so far, only humans from our own Pale Blue Dot have participated as contestants. If there were other sentient beings among the myriads of suns and planets across the heavens, they surely would have entered contestants by now. So far I have seen only earth girls and I am sure Donald Trump would allow beauties from other worlds to participate in his tournament. I could be jumping to a conclusion; there may be other civilizations on other planets revolving around other suns; they may be farther away than 58 light years; that is roughly the distance TV signals from the first broadcast have traveled across space. By cosmic standards, fifty-two light years is still in our close neighborhood. There is yet hope for a female Spock or Jabba the Hutt to grace us with her universal beauty.
----
Obama says he didn't get his agenda message across to voters; he doesn't realize people in these tough times do not want messages and agendas; they want positive action.
----
I read that an old priest in eastern Poland has erected the worlds tallest Jesus statue; he says it has been his lifetime dream to do so. To me, it sounds like it has become a monument to himself. If I read the bible correctly, Jesus nor God would likely approve of this structure but I won't go into why I think that way because I got into trouble with a friend last year for such opinions.
----
I had a weird dream last night; I imagined I and another person were on top of a building watching a pretty sunset. I heard a commotion behind me and I turned to see Pope John Paul II straggling along alone with a sad face and grumbling to himself. About 10 paces in front of him walked his Boss and I gather the Big Guy had just disciplined the Pope for some reason that was obscure to me. The Pope was wearing his royal robes and peaked hat, while the Boss was bareheaded and wearing a white garment much like many people in Arabia don most of the time. It was all very freaky, mostly because I didn't have a camera with me to shoot the sunset.
This ain't one of my half-true stories; this was my dream!
----
May your suds be plentiful on this worsh day!
----


No comments:

Blog Archive