Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Slave to the system

Due to an unexpected economic setback, for the first time in 25 years I am in the job market. If you know of anyone whom has dire need of a 66 year-old ex-electrician who is mostly crippled, types with one finger of one hand, is opinionated, perverted, nearly deaf, overweight, only a few of my own teeth left, and can make a three-course meal out of all the pills I have to take, forward them this blog paragraph as it is my resume.

Yesterday I put my hearing horn on my ear and made several calls to potential employers. As soon as I mentioned my age, the few jobs suddenly became unavailable. Surely there is something out there I can do to make a few bucks per week.
----
Over on Megashot, I hear that Cyrus and a couple of other Photoshop gurus are going to present an online course in using that particular software. If you are looking for a way to get the artistic best from your photos, this will be a "have to take" course. Twelve years ago, I bought a copy of Photoshop but gave up on using it as it was very difficult to learn. A course like this was what I needed at the time and there were some to be had online, but the price was way too high for me. I canned the Photoshop, went back to my tried and proven easy to use Paintshop Pro, and haven't regretted it one bit. Now that Jasc no longer makes Paintshop Pro and Corel does make it, it has become more of a toy instead of a viable alternative to Photoshop. At one time, Adobe was copying PsP features because the boys at Jasc were ahead of them in technology. If I have to learn a new editor, I think it will be the GIMP because they have versions for Window, Mac, and Linux and it is every bit as powerful as Photoshop and it is free whereas a full retail version of Photoshop costs $600+.
----
Have a Tuesday!
----

No comments:

Blog Archive