Thursday, September 25, 2008






We are finally supposed to get some rain over the next couple of days. I hope it will help with the leaf colors. One of my Flickr contacts is coming in to visit friends, and she and Carolyn and I plan to go to Cootie Brown's for lunch Saturday. Hope the rain lets up long enough to get a few photos. Carolyn has been wanting to go there for years, but I've been reluctant to eat at a place with a name like Cootie.
----
I see that Pat Summit had shoulder surgery for some problems she encountered chasing a raccoon. 'Coons ain't atall good to eat; maybe she should've chased a 'possum instead. 'Possums are a mite greasy, but darn tasty. Fry 'em up like chicken and they're even better than groundhog. Somebody pass me a Pabst Blue Ribbon!
----
Speaking of Pabst Blue Ribbon, it is the first beer I ever drank. Stayed with it until 1977, when my uncle Roy asked me to take him to a bootlegger on a Sunday. He bought a case of Miller High Life tall boys, and I've been mostly drinking them ever since. One beer I do not like is Rolling Rock, at least I think that is the name of it. It is a Pennsylvania beer in a green bottle, and the the brew tastes as green as the bottle looks. My mother-in-law brought over a six-pack of it one Saturday, and it about made me sick, but I was fresh out of Miller, so I drank it anyway. Can't let little things like nausea and puking keep you from drinking.

The absolutely worst beer I ever drank was Miller. Unbeknown to Ken and I, we accidentally covered over some pony bottles of Miller with chat gravel early one winter. They were in the bed of Ken's blue Chevy pickup truck. The next spring, we decided to finish cleaning out the garbage and chat from the truck, and we found the beer. We were out of brew, and Fred hadn't showed up with a fresh supply, so we decided to drink the ponies. Skunk piss won't even come close to describing that awful mess. We gagged and heaved, but finally got four bottles down, saving one for Fred. When he arrived, I suppose he saw how green we had become and how anxious we were for him to drink it, so he flatly refused after opening it and giving it a hearty sniff.
----
No politicking from me today; trying to keep up with the crap is depressing the hell out of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cootie Brown's has really good food. Normand took me there last year for my Birthday. Hopefully the food is still good,that was a year ago. Enjoy your visit with your Flickr friend.
Alice

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alice.
Dede goes there every time she comes in from SC. It was her idea to go there, so my life is in her hands!

Blog Archive