Saturday, September 27, 2008




My, my ... after all the ballyhoo over a presidential debate I am less than overwhelmed by either candidate. It was apparent that neither of the two gentlemen involved in the race have a clue as to what is going on with the economy. Did either offer any sound plan to fix the mess or make sure it won't happen again? No! I still see no reason to vote in this election.
----
My mom was born 89 years ago today. I remember one time when I was in my early teens and didn't want to get ready to go to church one morning she became so frustrated she whapped me up side the head with an Avon sachet bottle she happened to have in her hand. It seemed like one of those slow motion things you see on tv as the Avon label got closer and closer to my point of view. It sure did hurt, slow motion or no slow motion. Child abuse? Nope, but I did learn a couple lessons, one being to get ready for church without sassing or dilly-dallying, and the other lesson was that any religious belief that had to be enforced by the use of threats and pain should be strictly avoided when I got old enough to make my own decisions. The Wednesday evening before my 18th birthday was the last time I attended church for anything other than a wedding or funeral. I suppose that was the biggest disappointment she had in me. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dot. I miss you very much.
----
I just learned that actor Paul Newman died today. He was an excellent actor and race car driver, and seemed to be a good person.

No comments:

Blog Archive