Friday, September 12, 2008


And Moses lifted up his hand, and smote
the rock with his rod twice; and water
came forth abundantly ...



I may have to take my pre-cold-weather bath a little early this year. I went out at 7:30 this morning and four buzzards were circling the house. I tried to take a photo of a stink bug, but my olfactory aura must have offended him and he flew off before I could get his portrait. Hope the rains that we should get from hurricane Ike are warm enough for this hated task. If not, I will go to the creek as usual.
----
Obama has a new tv ad slamming McCain for being computer illiterate. What the hell has that to do with anything that is disastrously wrong with this country? Is this how he intends to spend the millions in donations he has and will receive? If elected, will he pick up a handful of Potomac mud and sling it at our enemys?
----
I read that McCain has edged ahead of Obama in the polls because whites are now embracing him. Is there still a lot of racism, loathing, and prejudice amongst the white folks in this country? You bet your ass there is. Will rational people prevail and elect Obama? Probably not. I suspect Obama will have to get both hands dirty by slinging enough mud to make voters fear McCain, just the way the Bushies did to "win" the last election.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Uhfortunately I think racism will play a part in the election. It will be interesting to see how Obama handles this aspect of the race.

As far as McCain being computer illiterate it's really no big deal. Hell I was trying to make a book on Blurb tonight and was ready to smash something to pieces. Either I am to stupid to figure it out or their tools need to easier to use. I decided that was not the thing to do and said screw the book. I am gong to watch 3:10 to Yuma instead.

Anonymous said...

Ha! 3:10 to Yuma is a very good choice.

I tried to set up a myspace account, and found it is too geeky and teen-age oriented for me. I've been using computers since 1991, and have assembled my last two desktop models, and still don't know what the hell is going on. I still use software that is older than a lot of the teeny-bopper geeks.

Mark said...

3:10 to yuma was a good choice. To bad there are not many westerns these days. Did you ever watch Deadwood? I think it was one of the best series ever. You can rent it on Netflix.

john and milly said...

goodmorning ken hope your warm rain arrives soon and you get to take your anual bath we would make a good pair this week i still havent shaved due to the swelling on my face,thanks for the link to my photos cheers john

Unknown said...

Yeah, I like Deadwood.

I like the original Stagecoach, and I like Shane. I think the great westerns were made between 1935 and 1955.

Unknown said...

Shucks John, I don't shave but two or three times a week anyway.

You are welcome for the link and I hope you are healing.

Blog Archive