Friday, April 18, 2008


Today, I was supposed to go to the ophthalmologist for my annual checkup. I got up this morning, showered, clothed, and made the mistake of going onto the back porch. Another beautiful day that can only happen in East Tennessee... a wonderful golden sunrise over Buffalo Mountain accompanied by the songs of many birds. As a friend in Texas says, "perfection". I ended up canceling today's appointment and made one near the end of next month. Too many doctors over the past five weeks!
----
My replacement lens came from Amazon early this afternoon, so I wound up getting my RA shot and then riding some back roads near my childhood home. I didn't get any great pics, but it was fun, except when I passed the gas station and saw the price has gone up another twelve cents since yesterday to $3.40 gal.
I believe it is time to stop the insanity, but I am but one person. If enough of us decide to speak up, we may be heard, if not heeded.
Every since 9/11, I've said that Saudi Arabia is the United State's worst enemy. Not only is Bin Laden a Saudi citizen, he still has much influence in his country. The Saudis could put the brakes on the price of oil if they so desired, but there is probably a piece of this country they haven't purchased yet, so more cash is needed to beat out the Chinese.
As I've exclaimed before, Wake Up America!

No comments:

Blog Archive