Sunday, April 15, 2007

Thoughts and Activities

Rain today and getting colder. I was thinking of contemplating my navel for a few hours, but a sore neck prevents me from looking down. I took a picture of it instead and will spend the rest of the day studying that. If anyone would like a copy of that particular photo, leave me a message and I will promptly forward one. It would be great to have such fine art framed and displayed in a prominent place.

Yesterday, Carolyn and I drove to a farmer's market on 107 and then on to Clark's Creek. The area has been reopened after a recent wild fire. Unlike the "old days", there was no one camping anywhere along the main road, or anywhere else as far as I could tell. The place was quiet, serene, and beautiful. Seeing a solitary male pheasant on our way out added to our happiness. We will probably try to camp there a time or two this summer, as these mountain valleys and ridges feel like my real home. A house is a place to abide when you can't be in that green heaven. Thoughts of these hills make me both sad and joyful. Thus be life.

No comments:

Blog Archive