Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Am Just A Dreamer, But You Are Just A Dream...

Here's thanking everyone for viewing and commenting on this and my other photos. Please feel free to critique my work, good or bad. I won't hate you for long.

This afternoon landscape photo was made with a 2.1 megapixel point-and-shoot digital camera.


I fooled around with Paint Shop Pro 8's filter creation tools to get this.
I wanted the result to be grainy as if it had been shot with high speed film. The foreground color was added last. The mist was slightly enhanced.

I've been using Paint Shop Pro for more than ten years, and have learned to twist it's tail to my liking. I once tried Photoshop, but the learning curve was more than I cared to undertake. PsP allows me to do most of the things that Photoshop can do, plus it uses most of the after market filters that are made for Photoshop. The price for PsP is right; less than $100.00. Advice, don't buy this program in a version later than v.9. Corel Corp. bought the programming rights from Jasc, and the Corel versions have bad reputations.

I use a Wacom tablet and pen for detail work.

On my Linux machine, I use the Gimp, which is open source and totally free. It is a very good photo editor.

4:30 pm Just got back from the eye doc, where I had my eyes dilated. If this stuff is written worse than usual, well...

Photo copyright© 2007 by Ken Anderson. All rights reserved.
Headline lyric is a copyright of Neil Young.

No comments:

Blog Archive