Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Desktop

I read that you can tell a lot about a person from looking at their computer "desktop".

On my monitor, Otis is facing right. Does that mean that I'm a right-wing conservative? On my laptop screen, he is facing left. I guess that makes me confused.

Some people who think that they know me may be surprised because I have a Bible program on my computer.

Well, don't be. I've read the entire KJV Bible and have studied the meaning of a lot of things that it contains. There are several other Biblical reference books on the hard drive. Also studies on other religions.

Of course, Darwin's On the Origin of Species may possibly be found there.

Some of the desktop icons are redundant, but I've found uses in all their associated programs.

Some programs such as my word processor and spread sheets are invoked using hot keys instead of icons.
----------------------------------------------

Things are slow today. I believe that I have a hangover from working so hard on the taxes. Carolyn is visiting the hair dresser and I'm listless.

I feel the mountains calling. I think that I'll drive over there and walk around for a few minutes. I love sitting under a hemlock tree, listening to the whispering drops of rain. No pics, because I don't have film for my Nikons, and these digital gadgets are a pain in the butt with their complicated controls and mediocre results. How I love the old grey-scale films. I always use 400 speed film, exposing it for shadow detail (pushing), thus giving me some leeway in the darkroom to bring out details in the light areas.

No comments:

Blog Archive