Saturday, January 26, 2013

Itch

Travis and Eli

Sunny and cold today; supposed to be nearly 70°F (21°C) Tuesday but back to normal cold on Thursday. As the saying goes, “a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush”.

Got dry skin in the small of my back; I can reach most of it to scratch and apply lotion but there is one spot along my spine I cannot touch and it is making me crazy.

I finished reading the book Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore: A Novel. It was pretty much a let-down ending. The author built the story around seemingly sinister happenings involving a book cult and ancient printing mysteries but the affair ended undramatically with nothing afoul underfoot or anywhere else. Disappointed I was.

If Obama is a liberal, I wonder what F.D.R. was? I’ll tell you what he was; F. Roosevelt was a president that swore to keep his word to the American people and he stepped on the feet of anyone who tried to prevent him from doing so including those in his own party. He was a man of personal wealth but a president of all the people. All Obama wants to do is “compromise”. He is yet to learn that he cannot compromise with greed and pure meanness; he must stomp on some toes before he can be a successful leader.

Have a good Satidy night and a great Sunday!

No comments:

Blog Archive