Saturday, January 05, 2013

Day by day


The past two weeks have had an extra Monday each and there is Monday holiday coming later this month. Do they know how confusing all this is to geezers and other lovable creatures?

Armed police in schools? What next? National Guard in my bedroom? When I was a kid, we didn’t need police protection on duty in school because not every lame-dick jerk was allowed to own an assault rifle.

Google mail was not working yesterday on my Android phone nor on the Android tablet. Other folk are having trouble uploading photos to Blogger.

There is a possibility I will be using the net even less in the near future; I wish I could say it is because of knee surgery but that has been placed on indefinite hold. If I am off-line it will be due to PC surgery; I am either going to fix my slow Win XP OS which is eleven years old or I am going to have to install Win 7.
Installing a new system like Windows 7 will be expensive; the program alone is $140 plus I will need a new hard-drive which will be about $100. Then comes the headache of installing software and getting everything the way I like it. Linux is a much cheaper and better alternative but I have a couple of needed Windows programs that will not function correctly on Linux.

Have a good what-ever-it-is day!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

This wonderful technology is becoming more and more complicated. And infested with spammers, advertisements and copyright and identity thieves. Yes, and expensive to fix anything that breaks or is outdated. This out dating seems to happen in a matter of minutes, these days. The competition in browsers, Operating Systems, etc. is making it impossible to enjoy anytime spent here as we constantly need updates of this or that thing to try to make it compatible and work with the rest of the stuff.
Gee.. Android is google, right? Blogger is owned by google. I guess there will need to be a new blogger for the Android system. Hopefully the rest of us will be able to read and see it too. I never tried to upload with my Ipad to my blogger and don't think I will. I have seen sites that have an icon to click on so as you can view the tablet version. A few short years ago, there were 'flash' versions of sites, that were separate. I am with you on the less use of the net. Its getting to be a painful and expensive pass time.
Sorry to hear about the on-hold surgery date.

Anonymous said...

After reading your last email, I began working to clean up some of the crap off my desktop PC. It was loaded with tracking cookies, ad-ware, and spyware.
Look how fast technology is moving. There has been an explosion just in this short century.
I haven't tried to upload a blog post to Blogger from the Tab but I do upload to Wordpress blog.
Thanks, Maggie.

Blog Archive