Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sugar sugar

From Jeremy and Courtney; this is their view from their bedroom window in Riverside, Calif.

On Saturday, Carolyn decided she would take some day-old biscuits and make bread pudding like she has done many times before. She began putting ingredients together and realized she was out of nutmeg and cinnamon but not one to be easily thwarted, she continued forward into the culinary unknown. When she asked if I wanted to try some of it, I was more than a bit leery; the color of the pudding wasn’t “right” and all I could smell was vanilla. Being a realist and knowing that if I didn’t at least try the less than tempting dish, she would be unlikely to ever make bread pudding again even if she had the right ingredients and I dearly love her bread pudding. I boldly took a bite and was unexpectedly rewarded; it tasted like my favorite cookies which are sugar cookies. Bless her heart!

Have a Tuesday!

No comments:

Blog Archive