Saturday, September 08, 2012

Seasonal blues



Fall is rapidly approaching and I have a case of the blues which is common for me at this time of year. A lack of bird songs along with waning daylight and disturbingly cooler nights intensify the symptoms of melancholy. I love making autumn photos but I doubt I will be getting to do any again this year; my knee is seemingly getting sorer each day and riding in the car for more than a a few minutes makes me uncomfortable. Nothing I shan’t overcome, though.

Sammy was here yesterday; I tried three times to get a video of him walking and playing but each time he managed to scoot away from me just as I began shooting. I will have to find a place to ambush him. It was only a bit more than a month ago that Carolyn said she wished how soon Sammy would be walking … now she spends most of her time chasing him to make sure he doesn’t get into trouble; he explores everything. He had her pots and pans out yesterday making as much noise with them as he could.

Keegan is in from the Air Force for a few weeks; I hope we get to see him before he returns to Japan.

The Escape is still broken and barely drivable at times; it badly needs attention. Just going to get my shot is an adventure.

Mark should be back from visiting his parents in Connecticut; hope he had a good vacation.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Blog Archive