Saturday, September 15, 2012

Getting there

Cherokee Lake from Clinch Mt.

Yesterday was shot and errand day; we both ate at local Taco Bell and became sick; Carolyn worse than me. Didn’t have a chance to get Sammy.

Hopefully, the Escape is fixed. Parts came yesterday and two hours later JJ had them installed and then test-drove around the block. He said it was ok. It will take a few miles of driving to make sure.

Well, my countdown has finally begun and the big event should happen in November. I am anxious with trepidation; I know it will be a long and painful road but not as long and painful as it has been. Wish me luck.

Have a wild weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

test comment

Maggie said...

I wish you luck.

Are you getting some new parts? Hope it goes as easily as the repairs to the Escape seem to have gone.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Maggie,

Finally getting the new knee unless something goes wrong between now and November.

Maggie said...

hope all goes well.

Hey, get the book 'Wheat Belly' and read it. It is one scary book. This will give you something else to think about 'till November. :}}

Anonymous said...

I'll buy it. Are you going 'wheat free'? :-)

Maggie said...

I have been wheat free for the last 4 days. Well a bit of flour slips into some of the cooking, but not much. I have noticed a vast improvement in my energy level in just 4 days, and a loss of 1.5 lbs. Now, that is really working for me! I still eat potatoes, rice, beans, and as much vegetables and fruit as I can get. That book is really scary! And I believe it, too. It makes mention of unexplainable rashes.. one of which I had and was given some expensive compound to apply. The stuff had steriods in it. Well.. no wheat no rash. You will see!

Anonymous said...

If you attest to it then I believe it. I will give at a try. I'm looking forward to it, actually.

Blog Archive