Friday, August 24, 2012

Cool

Saturday Nite Bluegrass

Nights are cooler and days, though still hot, are milder than what they were. It all must mean something.

Sammy has a unique way of hugging me … he does this to no one else. Instead of putting his arms around my neck like he does everyone else, he grabs my hair on each side of my head and pulls me forward to where he can lay his head on mine. I figure the harder he pulls my hair the more lovin’ he is giving me. I call it his “papaw hug”.

Until he was here Wednesday, I had never been able to pick him up from the floor or someone’s lap. RA had me so weak and sore that some days I could not lift a fork to my mouth to feed myself; I basically bent over like a pig at a slop trough and did the best I could. Sammy and I were alone in the office Wednesday and something in the hallway slightly frightened him; it has happened before and he always crawled to me for me to pick him up to protect him and I was never able to do so; I had to call out to Carolyn to help me. He couldn’t understand why I didn’t pick him up and the way he looked up at me with his pleading eyes broke my heart. But this time when he came to me, I easily picked him up and he immediately grabbed my hair and gave me a “papaw hug”. The RA shots are finally working for the most part and I’ve had a pretty good week.

Got my shot yesterday and also my blood work in preparation for my RA doctor checkup next Friday.

 Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Blog Archive