Sunday, August 19, 2012

Coming down


The annual Appalachian District Fair begins tomorrow; it draws folk from most of northeast Tennessee plus many from western North Carolina, southwest Virginia, and southeast Kentucky. I want to ride the Tilt-A-Whirl; I enjoy that infernal machine. I also like the Ferris wheel (London Eye) but no way will I ride anything that turns me upside down and there is a loud “hell no” to riding a roller coaster. I’d as soon dare ride on an airplane.

Tammy is making soaps for Christmas orders; I highly recommend them.

Will Tampa Bay Bucs football ever be a consistent contender or are they the Detroit Lions of the South?

Less than two weeks until college football officially begins its season. I hope my Rocky Top Vols can make some kind of positive showing this year. If I could walk well, I would attend one of the home games. One-hundred thousand people clad mostly in orange and white and singing Rocky Top as loud as possible is something to behold. I haven’t attended a game in Knoxville since 1983.

Have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Blog Archive