Friday, March 30, 2012

You know ...


I like my new mouse; I can type and edit my words again.
----
Only in southern United States can a simple three-letter word like “get” be made to sound like it has two syllables: “ge.ut” or “gi.at”. Hillbilly pronunciation is “git”. Only in southern conversations does each sentence of a statement sound like it ends as a question. It is the way we say “you know” like athletes do when they are interviewed on TV, i.e.; “I just, you know, drove for the basket you know, and the lane cleared you know and I made the easy shot, you know.” The difference is that we southeners begin the sentence like any other statement, but by the time we finish it, our voice has changed slightly in pitch or something to where it sounds like we are asking for confirmation, i.e.; “I’ve been working in the garden all day long and I just can’t seem to make headway?” Italics is where the voice change from statement to question comes in. You know.
----
I thrice tried commenting Mark’s blog this morning but blogger was contrary and gave an error message written in super-secret hyper code and I’ve lost my genuine Cheneyman decoder ring. Sorry, Mark.
----
Have a best weekend!

No comments:

Blog Archive