Sunday, March 11, 2012

Soul song


What does the color yellow taste like? What does crimson smell like? Isn’t the world of humans a delightful place when we are the only species who can wonder about such poetic diversions?  The price we pay for being human is coercion by our natural uniqueness to remain selfish and alone … and oft times lonely.

Been a quiet but rather onerous weekend; it didn’t get quite as warm on Saturday as was predicted. In my personal opinion, warm begins at 80°F and any degrees above that are pudding in the cake.

Have a warm and wonderful Sunday, my friends.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

dunno what yellow tastes like. Probably like dandilions
I love the you tube... she sounds like the one who did 'bagdad cafe' or whatever it is called. Hauntingly beautiful. Makes me think of a small smokey jazz club in New Orleans. My condition as a thinking human lets me imagine such things.
Alone does not necessarily mean selfish. That does not compute, for me. Alone is a blessing, no need to 'share' it anywhere. If that is selfish, slap me.
We are having some lovely, unpredictable weather here too. I am always amazed at how similar our weather is in our opposite positions on the globe.... well opposite corners in North America.
Happy Equinox, Yes? or do I wait a few days?

Anonymous said...

Dandelions are a good taste for yellow; I've eaten the flowers and leaves.
I would imagine that Etta James performed in many of those "small smokey jazz club in New Orleans".
Alone does not mean selfish, but being selfish sometimes leaves people alone and lonely. I'm looking at the broad view--racists, zealots, etc--more than I am speaking of individuals.
It does seem like the weather is becoming more homogenous.
Equinox, according to Old Farmer's Almanac, is March 20. Happy pre-Equinox, Maggie. :-)

Blog Archive