Thursday, March 15, 2012

“A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March”


My little buddy was here yesterday and we spent some time on the porch. Carolyn pushed him along the street in his car but she was tired before I could get out with the camera; I had to settle for some pics of him sitting in his machine. He will be back tomorrow. I will post photos on this blog, FB, and Flickr when I get them edited a bit. There is something wrong with my camera or the lens; everything is soft focused and I have to tweak the pics with software to get them close to barely useable.

A glorious morning in these hills and except for predicted thunder showers, the weather should be superb for at least several more days. Yes, I know. I jinxed it by praising it.

I just this minute found out that one of my very good Flickr and Megashot friends has only a few weeks to live. I’ve known him for five years and we became very good online buddies. He is one of the first Flickr contacts I invited to Megashot and he is an excellent photographer, bullshitter, Democrat, and family man.

Have a good Thursday!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

so sorry to hear about your buddy. Claimsman?

Our weather has not been following your weather patterns this week. But despite the high winds and rain, the flowers are still standing.

I wonder what is wrong with your camera! Hope you find it. I wondered about my own shots... was I leaving it on manual focus? But I don't know enough to even suggest a solution.
Sammy is growing like crazy

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is Claimsman. Some of us old farts (some of us refer to ourselves as "Gang of Seven" exchange emails almost on a daily basis, talking mostly about politics, etc. All live on your side of the continent except; I don't think they know how to react to someone from the south. They all have their preconceived notions which I love to pick apart.
Dave could be a grouchy geezer and he was worse than Cyrus about technical photography stuff; the Rule of Thirds is LAW to him.
He had been claiming he was having computer problems, but when he stopped answering emails, we knew something bad was wrong. He was a heavy smoker and may have lung cancer.

We usually get our worst winds in April and these tornadoes we have been getting for the past few years has everyone hunkering down.

The camera has been like that for a year. It does it with all three of my lenses, so I feel it is probably a sensor or focus problem. I am going to do some tripod shots to see if is me not being steady and I can check the focus on manual.

Sammy is growing very fast; fat legs.

Blog Archive