Friday, March 09, 2012

Approaching the Ides of March

Assassination of Julius Caesar -- Vincenzo Camucini



I see where our General Motors, a company which has a 25 percent ownership by American taxpayer’s money, recently bought a $400 million stake in France’s PSA Peugeot Citroen company in an attempt to bail the French company out of sad financial woes. That means that We the People now own a part of that loser company. I suppose that if we didn’t own some of it, we would would be forced to take some kind of military action against it so we could rebuild it gratis. There isn’t much left in the world that we haven’t attacked. Maybe the U.S. should annex the rest of the world; that way, we would not dare attack ourselves.

I’m alone this morning and I don’t feel like doing taxes for the second straight day; I dreamed about spreadsheets last night. There are only 10 numbers I have to deal with–o-9–but there are more combinations and multiples of these numbers than I want to think about. Our finances are small, but there are still thousands of these combinations over a tax year and they seem overbearing. I think I know how Julius Caesar felt as the daggers plunged into his heart.

Y’all have a good weekend and get out and about if you can; I hope to do so Sunday.

No comments:

Blog Archive