Saturday, March 17, 2012

Emerald Greetings

Fly Boy

The skies keep threatening rain but they are not producing; we are well behind the average for the year. Hopefully we are not beginning another drought situation like we had most of last decade.

Carolyn took Sammy into the woods behind the house yesterday; she said he laughed and “ahh’d” at the trees. I hope they whispered to him like they did me when I was young.

I took about an hour last afternoon and did the editing work on the above pic. The work took less than an hour, but I did some experimenting beforehand; I try to keep my bit of hard-earned skill near its peak. The pic was rendered with Paintshop Pro 14 directly from the RAW file. The most difficult part was Sammy’s eyelashes; they are long and had to be worked on at the pixel level to get the original background color replaced by sky. They still aren’t as good as I want them.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all of Ireland’s people, all descendents of the Irish, and all the rest of you whom wish you had Irish blood in your veins.

No comments:

Blog Archive