Monday, January 16, 2012

Thanking you ...

I just realized something… I began posting on Blogger on January 7th, 2006. I’ve been doing this longer than I thought. Alice was my first reader and Robin was my first commenter. Thank you everyone who has read my silliness and kindly encouraged, critiqued, and kept me going through six enlightening and wonderful years. For those of you who I have disappointed in some way with my words, please know that it was not done on purpose to hurt you or anyone. In the case of politicians and fat-cat preachers, I never intended to hurt you either for your own words and actions were all that I was repeating. For those of you who I have pleased with my words, maybe some of it was done on purpose because I like each one of you and many of you have become family to me, but most of  these thousands of sentences and paragraphs were merely me being myself. I like to tell stories and I like to be the brunt of any joke I spew over the net scape. The likes of Mark Twain, Will Rogers, and especially Walt Kelly have been my inspiration for many, many years.

I would like to say all your names in this posting and tell you how much you have meant to me as a friend and an individual, but like I said in the last post, my eyes no longer make many tears and I am afraid it would bankrupt me to buy all the bottled tears I would need to portray to you my honest, loving emotions about you.

Thank you, my gentle children.

4 comments:

Pastelred said...

Long may you post!....(that could be a Neil Young song). Smile often sir. You are still honest,entertaining and spirited. Toujours, Robin

Anonymous said...

Thank you Robin. Your first comment on the blog tickled me a plenty. All of your later comments were and are inspiring. I hope I have gained in wisdom from knowing you.

Maggie said...

thanks Ken for taking the time and spending the effort to post to Loose Laces. Its always entertaining to read the stories you have to tell and see your photography.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Maggie. I'm glad you stuck with me.

Blog Archive