Tuesday, December 20, 2011

For the birds



Our bird feeders are attracting a decent crowd of small diners. Plenty of chickadees, tufted titmice, white breasted nuthatches, hairy and downy woodpeckers, and finches are using the facilities. On the ground are mourning doves, cardinals, blue jays, and starlings. The fringes support sparrows, mocking birds, and wrens. There are probably more which I haven’t seen yet, and there will surely be some additional varieties come spring. There are also the ubiquitous squirrels; we are now up to at least four head roaming the back forty.

Except for sore knees and some foot swelling, I feel better today than I have in a week or more. Late Sunday and part of the day yesterday I had chills, a bit of nausea, and a lot of quality time on the throne. I suppose I am just acting my age like my granny always told me to do when I was a little boy acting like a littler boy.
Life consists of three distinct sections: Optimism of youth, caution of middle age, and W.T.F. of  the elderly.

Have a good Tuesday all over the place.

No comments:

Blog Archive