Friday, December 23, 2011

Mouse wranglers wanted

Sammy and Sock Monkey from Tammy
Thursday 1:45am: The mouse (mice) renewed his attack against Carolyn's sanity. I tried my best to be an innocent bystander but when one of the critters is only inches from her nose, Carolyn is not going to let me be. She left an empty snack wrapper on her nightstand and little mouse was investigating it; loud enough to wake her up and make her lay awake for three hours with the light on. Of course, I wasn't allowed to go back to sleep until after she finally dozed off. Yesterday, she bought and set eight traps, four of them in our bedroom. To compound that, she left her nightstand light on all night. I took two Xanax and was able to get through the night undisturbed. Apparently, little mouse didn't show up in the bedroom but I noticed this morning that he left a calling card on my desk.

The world will surely miss former Czechoslovakian President Vaclav Havel. He was a true Freedom Fighter for Eastern Europe and an inspiration to the world. Hopefully the next generation of Havels will rise from the Arab Spring movement and the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

Mark, if your garden area is close to deciduous trees, try adding some lime to the soil to sweeten it; the leaves and tree sap are highly acidic and some lime will help the balance. Best to work it into the ground in fall or early winter but adding in spring will help.

Have a good weekend and Merry Christmas, my friends.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Cute photo of Sammy

that mouse really needs a home of its own mouse house I don't think Carolyn would appreciate your creating these cute houses, though.
When I found one in my cutlery drawer and ran, white-faced from the kitchen declaring there would be no more dinners, Pat found some mouse poison and put it into the place where they seemed to frequent in the basement. ewwww.. well I didn't see them in the kitchen again, but I was always wary when opening the cutlery drawer, thereafter; in that house.

Anonymous said...

We got a kick out of the mouse houses.
We must have several of the critters; my desk was covered with mouse poop this morning.
I think she is going to the Co-Op and buy some poison pellets.
I can imagine you running from the kitchen. Smart mouse; he was where you kept the weapons.
Thanks, Maggie.

Blog Archive