Sunday, December 25, 2011

A day may be a lifetime

I am hoping everyone is having a wonderful Christmas.
—-
I am trying not to be sad today, but as I think about holidays of the past and the people whom were so familiar and are no longer with me, my eyes are moist as my soul openly weeps my thoughts. Family, friends, and special acquaintances are smiling through the ages as a flood of beautiful Christmases of yesteryear sweeps by; each of them continuing to lighten my heart and brighten each day.

I also miss Jeremy and Courtney and Remy and Bubba; I miss Keegan in faraway South Korea. I also miss not having an opportunity to see baby Sammy open his presents on his first Christmas eve. There will be more Christmases I suppose, but as the years string out behind me I more and more realize that a day may be a lifetime.

I am dedicating this Christmas blog to Sammy, hoping he will continue receiving the love he needs and giving all the love he has. Merry Christmas, my little friend and may they be merry for plentiful years to come as you live a full and happy life.

No comments:

Blog Archive