Saturday, July 14, 2007

After leaving the church and Headtown yesterday, I drove through what used to be called "Lover's Lane". I imagine there is still a little loving going on there, but it is in the myriad houses built along the now paved road. Used to be an excellent place for back-seat lovin', at least that's what I've been told.

We used to hunt for mushrooms (morels) on the ridge that parallels the road, but it now has homes dotted along its crest and subdivisions on its flanks. Where all these people are coming from to build and live in these big houses is a mystery to me. It is said that some of them have indoor swimming pools. Even more baffling, is why have they come here. Retirees, I hear. Buicks and Escalades; Lexus' and Lincolns. I've lived in coal mining communities in West Virginia that aren't nearly as boring as this stagnated waterhole of an area.

Anyway, I spotted an old manure spreader and small bulldozer that seem waiting to be photographed. I'll get to them, directly.

No comments:

Blog Archive