Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday du jour

Much rain and some flooding across Tennessee. Even though I live atop a hill, I think I should roll-up my britches legs.

Mason went for his three-month checkup; he weighs 17 lbs (7.7 kg). He won't be three months old until tomorrow. At this rate, he will big enough to play college football when he is eight years old.

Sammy is talking more each day but most of it is still unintelligible. Mostly he says Batman and Spongebob.

I have my short poem ready to post to the The Sun; it is one I wrote a few years ago. Not counting on much but would be very disappointed in myself if I didn't try. It has been many years since I tried to sell or give away my writing. Even if this one does not sell, I'm going to submit at least one other poem (the one Mark recommended) and a story or three. I need to resurrect my rejection database and make a few voo-doo dolls and stick pins for the publishers who reject me.

I love building databases. It is the one thing I can do with techie software which makes me feel like I have accomplished something.

I am off of methotrexate at least until I can find out something from the med-squad. If by chance I am cleared for surgery, I will be one week ahead. If I am not cleared and if I have to have a heart catheterization, I will be ahead on that too because I need be off the drug for it. If I have to have a stent inserted, it will be about a year before the knee surgery can be done. Beginning in a few days, I am going to be sore and out of the real world for at least a short while.

No comments:

Blog Archive