Thursday, April 25, 2013

Obtuse reason


Our American middle-class capital economy is heading into a new recession. This is my forecast based on what I am seeing. We are once more spending our savings or going into debt for mostly unneeded big ticket items, Wall Street is tickled, the stock market is soaring; all a sign of a coming slowdown. Wages are static or falling, few good paying jobs are being created, more and more jobs are being exported, more Americans are suffering and dying because of lack of health insurance, infrastructure is still falling apart, and federal government is in partisan deadlock. Americans are talking but few are walking. Wake up America!

I’m hoping tomorrow’s echocardiogram is all I have to go through before surgery. I do not want another stress test and I damn sure don’t want a heart catheterization. The latter may mean an overnight stay in hospital but I barely will be able to afford the knee replacement. Life is a trap.

Goodbye psychiatrist Dr. Sidney Freedman (Allan Arbus). He was my favorite M*A*S*H actor with my favorite quote from the series: “Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.” I think it means that we should take time to live.

I’m not as pretty today as I was day before yesterday.

On this date in 1684, a patent was granted for the thimble.

Thursday all day.

No comments:

Blog Archive