Saturday, February 02, 2013

Spring fever

Jezioro Rajgrodzkie

Sitting around waiting to see if the weather hammer is going to fall. Snow for next two days. I want robins and daffodils and honeybees! I don’t always get what I want. Also, today is Groundhog Day and the sky is cloudy. That means he sees no shadow of himself and that means winter should be about over; hope the furry critter isn’t lying … again.

I’d love to be able to tramp once again; I know I disliked the journeying that I as a Journeyman Wireman had to do back in the early 1970′s,  but now the rose-colored glasses are on ant it seems much more like Camelot. It probably wasn’t as bad back then as I thought it was at the time and it surely was worse than how I am remembering it at these melancholy moments. I mostly worked in the South and in the Appalachia; I met a lot of darned good people where ever I roamed but the poorest ones in the hollers of West Virginia were the most obliging to a stranger. All I had to do was go into a country store and strike up a conversation with about any loafer, mention that my grandfather worked sawmills in the area back in the early 1900′s, and the tales would start. Everyone has a story and there is nothing better for these old men and women than to have a stranger in their presence who wanted to hear them. I was treated like a preacher on a Sunday afternoon.

Snow has begun falling.

Have a relaxing Sunday!

No comments:

Blog Archive