Friday, February 08, 2013

Satisfaction; I got some

Sammy


Feb. 7, 2013 – 5:30pm. A beautiful evening; sky is cloudy with rain imminent. Temperature is mild and the spring grass is greening. A fat male robin is making the best of waning daylight, peeping out earthworms; he is the first one I’ve seen this year. On limbs above him are two male cardinals inspecting the feeder … and each other. Close by, daffodils are blooming. A bit of wind comes from the west but the ambiance is stillness. For the short time I luxuriate in this dusky evening, I have complete serenity, a contentment I seldom find. Darkness and late winter’s cold quietly settles over the back yard …

I suppose that when America couldn’t find a fresh non-Christian foreign nation to slap around with its mighty military, it has chosen to go to war with itself. I have never seen this nation in this much deep, internal turmoil as it now is. Why is it like this I ask myself? Because the president of the United States is not a white conformist. I ‘ll admit that Mr. Obama has been a huge disappointment as chief executive, but far-rightists, disturbed leftists, and even unwavering ignorance among the middle-of-the-roaders are blaming him for every conceivable malfeasance in their pitiful lives no matter how small and unimportant. My god, the birthers are still screaming for impeachment. No one it seems, including the president, is taking our Constitution seriously. It is like a lot of Christians do with their Bibles; the scriptures mean what they want it to mean no matter how diverse it is from what is written. I think it is too late to wake up, America.

I am once again a great-grandfather. Mason Elijah _____ was born on January 31, 2013. He is Wonderful. More about him later.

Have a good weekend, my friends.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Congratulations great grandaddy
Its a very interesting post with some classic Anderson prose.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Thanks, my friend. :-)

Blog Archive