Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Haircut

Carolyn is about to drag my reluctant carcass out to the porch and give me a haircut. She has become a fiend about my hair; it was cut only last September. Next thing I know she will be wanting me to shave. Being on these crutches causes me not to be able to get to the creek for my ritual baths; been nearly a year since I was soaked in cold mountain water and scrubbed down with good old lye soap. Lye soap is the big secret to a long-lasting cleanliness; it takes about three months for my skin to grow back and another three months to mentally prepare myself to do it again. In the meantime, a shower with one of Tammy’s scented soaps does a pretty good job.

No Sammy today; Ashley is off from work. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Looks like rain coming; have a good Wednesday.

No comments:

Blog Archive