Saturday, June 15, 2013

Boys

The boys have left us; they were with us for only just more than a week but I miss them. I miss Mason's squeals of laughter in early morning; I miss Sammy playing in our bedroom every until he gets sleepy; I miss him pecking on our door to get us up. Carolyn cried for days after they left.

When kids get out of school for summer they turn around and go back for summer sessions of book lessons. When I was a school boy and out for summer, I learned many lessons by playing with my pals and roaming the woods, hills, and fields for a couple of months. I wonder if I ended up better educated than do today's kids?

Referring to the present N.S.A. fiasco, instead of trying to cover their asses I think the powers should give us good reasons to trust them. They cannot. I really don't know what the big surprise is about the domestic spying. Bush unabashedly bypassed the constitution to allow it and it was widely publicized as was Obama's decision to expand surveillance at home and in foreign countries. If people had watched The Spy Factory on PBS's Nova when it came out several years ago, it tells nearly everything that is just now being "found" by the popular press. The documentary can be seen online here or can be found on Netflix and other sources.

Referring to Mark's diet, Carolyn and I ordered takeout cheeseburgers from the Cottage, my old time watering hole. It was Friday after I had chest x-rays. The burgers were huge and juicy.

I have a full-blown case of pneumonia in both lungs. So far, I am dodging a stay in hospital. Thursday at a doctor visit I had a nebulizer treatment which helped a lot and a shot in my butt.

Two months from diagnosis 'til death. My cousin and closest buddy from my teen years died Friday from leukemia. I will miss you Bull. "Bull" was my personal nickname for him. He was 67 years old.

We dodged a bullet, my friends. Friday 13 fell on Thursday this month.

No comments:

Blog Archive