Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lost Highway



Had my annual P.C. doctor (hell no, not a computer doctor; ‘Primary Care’) checkup yesterday. Before she even saw me, her nurse had an appointment set up for me with a orthopedic surgeon so I can get my knee fixed. Maybe, possibly in another month or so I will be free of this pain. Walking again has become secondary to relief from this physical hurt. I haven’t slept since Monday morning; yesterday’s limited activities caused the knee to go into spasms every few minutes last night.

It is bad that we have to find out what people think about stuff by using Facebook and Twitter instead of a “trusted” news source.

One of my FB contacts posted this:
Warning…thinking out loud again…maybe those who want to force the gun issues should move to the states who allow same sex marriage and abortions…that way they could all be happy together and leave the normal people alone to enjoy their lives in peace!
I find this extremely offensive and I say she is a “Facebook contact” because there is no way I could ever know someone so hateful as a friend. She cannot be “thinking out loud” because her life learned-biases will not allow her to use her mind to think rationally yet she seems to refer to herself as “normal people”. Gods help us if she is normal people.

From today’s local rag:
Building managers and legislative staffers have sought to reassure some concerned Tennessee lawmakers that recent renovations at the state Capitol did not install special facilities for Muslims to wash their feet before praying.
“I confirmed with the facility administrator for the State Capitol Complex that the floor-level sink installed in the men’s restroom outside the House Chamber is for housekeeping use,” Legislative Administration Director Connie Ridley wrote in an email. “It is, in layman’s terms, a mop sink.” Read more: http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php?id=105724#ixzz2OfFibFK9

Have a Tuesday!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Hope your knee repair goes soon and goes well!
As to the rest...it still takes a discerning mind to figure out what to believe in the news in any form of media, as shown by the Wikileaks.
Facebook never fails to astonish me when I see the sort of things that people put on their pages.... good and bad. Imagine if there was some sort of software to rate Internet friends on their attitudes, etc. If I can think of it, it is probably the next thing we will see on the social media sites. Won't this be fun?

Anonymous said...

The free press (not corporate press) all need a dose of Wikileaks guts. The only press left that has resources is corporate owned.

I'd love to be able to rate posts on FB like we do on Megashot. You have another good idea here, Maggie. :-)

Blog Archive