Thursday, April 19, 2012

‘I never could get the hang of Thursdays’ ~Douglas Adams

Punk' N Center

So much for the “new” Blogger. The first couple of day’s spams were more numerous than ever but now they are back to the normal flow of a few each day. WordPress is molasses-slow and difficult to work with, but it is so much safer than Blogger; I will stick with it as my main host.

The mountains are socked-in and rain threatens. The frost last week heavily damaged the mountain apple crops by killing blossoms. Many tender leaves on the trees at my house have turned brown and we noticed a lot of damage in the area while we were out Sunday.

Let’s see today’s headlines: BP oil spill fish are sick; U.S. Secret Service agents get some Colombian nooky; TV legend Dick Clark dead; India tests new nuclear-delivery capable missile; Pat Summit quits as Tennessee Lady Vol head coach. One of these events bothers me much more than do the rest of them; can you guess which one? Nope, not Pat’s retirement; it’s the BP sick fish.

I had to buy a new hard drive yesterday because I know all these photos I’ve made over the years will be worth billions of dollars some day and I need a backup. I ordered from Amazon yesterday afternoon; it shipped from Nashville last evening; it is now on the UPS truck headed to my house. I’ve never had anything but no-hassle excellent service from amazon.com.

Hope we can keep Sammy tomorrow.

Have a Thursday to fondly remember!

No comments:

Blog Archive