Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Frog Prince and Daffoidil Ladies




Thanks to Tammy for the photos; she should consider having these matted, framed, and placed on a wall where her family and friends can see them. They speak Spring. I did very little editing to these shots, but I suggest that with the crop I did to the daffodils, the photo be flipped horizontally; in this case and for me, it enhances the compositional flow: left-to-right and top-to-bottom. We should read photos like we read the page of a book. Actually it is a matter of subjective taste.

Maggie is home from her three-week tour of China; Welcome back, my friend.

A sleeping pill and nearly 12 hours sleep, along with a drearily-overcast sky and half-closed window shades has me seeing good enough to write this; the past two days were hell without the heat. I’m so grouchy when my eyes are misbehavin’ so that I cannot stand to be around myself; Carolyn has almost learned to stay as far away as she can. My Jekyll and Hyde alter consciences struggle at the edge of a dark abyss; so far, Jekyll has won out but I know Hyde becomes stronger because the struggles last longer and at times Jekyll wants to step into the bottomless darkness as he flips a bird at Hyde. Yep, I’m a certified, 24-karat, card carrying nut case.

I need a Sammy fix.

While rowing my boat through Alice Springs
From a far shore I heard reindeer sing
A sound so melancholy I covered my ears
My heart wasn’t ready for Christmas jeers

Have a cheery Wednesday!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

slowly getting over the travel upset digestive system and cold. I won't need to see Chinese food for a year. Well, maybe Jack's wor one ton soup might be ok. Its very good, never had anything like it over there.

'tis the season for allergies, it seems. Hope you can avoid the worst of it.

Anonymous said...

Happy you are back, Maggie. I was wondering how real Chinese food compared to ours.
Thanks. :-)

Blog Archive