Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fragile ...


Frosty this morning; 27°F (-2.7°C) at 4:00am. ‘I pity da fools’ who planted garden early.

Didn’t sleep well; woke up at 2:00am and never went back to sleep. Read some more of Bouton’s book and did a bunch of thinking. Don’t remember what I thought about but I’m sure it was deep and would have made the world a better place for all people. Now I am sleepy.

When Sammy was here Tuesday, he and I agreed; women are fickle. Well, at least he didn’t disagree. I look forward to a lot of long and meaningful talks with my Buddy.

One of my photos I like a lot (you probably will not like it) made Megashot’s Explore ‘Image of the Day’ yesterday in Architecture category. I have been fortunate to have garnered more than my share of photo awards on the site. On Flickr, I went more than three years without having a photo appear in their Explore feature.

Microsoft Windows XP did an update yesterday and it must have been a doozy. The harddrive with all my photos for the past 10 years was inoperable when I booted the PC this morning. The discs had a lot of other files and important stuff on them, too. Fortunately, most was backed-up to another drive and I lost only what I had done in the past two weeks. I think all of Sammy’s photos are safe but I must get another HD and transfer to it from the backups.

Have a pleasant Thursday!

No comments:

Blog Archive