Sunday, May 01, 2011

No Brainer

For three days I've been trying to think of something to write about in the blog and as usual, I have nothing to say. However that fact usually doesn't stay my hand from its appointed rounds of the keyboard. This weekend has been an exception; my mind has drawn blanks even as I've had my hand poised over the keys ready to dispense some fathomable geezer wisdom. Alas (we old folk like to say "alas"), no piercing insights have sparked eureka-type moments in my incredibly shrinking brain.
----
I finished reading The Pelican Brief by John Grisham and found it to be suspenseful and fairly fast moving; I will give it 4 stars and consider it a 'must read' for political crime enthusiasts. I liked the book well enough that I bought The Rainmaker also by Grisham. It is written "as it happens" or present tense style, and it starts off sort of slowly making me a bit disappointed in it to begin with. However, the plot is carefully being built, and though I am less than half way through reading it, I have become hooked on this somewhat long novel.
----
Can think of nothing else to write; have a good first week of May!

No comments:

Blog Archive