Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Holidays begin … the Year begins to end


The Occupy movement is still paying dividends. We got word today that one of Bank of America’s two branches in Johnson City will be closing in February. Credit unions and small local or regionally owned banks are doing good here, especially credit unions; new branches are popping up everywhere. I can’t help but think that Occupy’s calling attention to the misdeeds of cold, corporate Wall Street entities had at least something to do with this. Our local Occupy picketed Bank of America more than once last year.

Did you ask me what the worst song I ever heard was, excluding opera? In case you did and I forgot to reply, it is Achy Breaky Heart. That song shakes my nerves and rattles my brain. I hate the song, I hate the singer, I hate the song writer, and I especially hate line dancing. Line dancing would puke a buzzard off of a gut wagon. As for opera, I just plain don’t understand Italian lyrics and I don’t know why they have to scream them. I understand screaming vocals at a rock concert but why do opera singers have to yell their words to a hushed audience. Recently, I have found one fine exception; it is a commercial jingle on TV for J. G. Wentworth. High Opera at its best!

Have a good Thanksgiving, my friends … where ever you are.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I read this yesterday and meant to get back here to comment. You just made my day! It's very interesting to see that there really are some good results from this Occupy wall street movement.
AND the Achy Breaky Heart song just cracks me up. There is one about riding on my big green tracker that gives me the giggles too.

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to believe that there is an underlying feeling by citizens of capitalist countries that nothing is kosher about government/business. This last US election proved something but I am not sure just what it was.
I ain't heard the "green tracker" but I will look for it.
Thanks, Maggie.

Maggie said...

Oh sorry a typo
should be big green tractor
hope this links it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q

Blog Archive