Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday tidbits

Blackberries from our back yard
Tammy sent Carolyn and me some more of her handmade soaps and also balm for Sammy when he has diaper rash. She sent along some of her sunflower heads for the birds and squirrels. Sorry birds; you gonna have to be quick if you want a good meal before the tree rats get it. I had fun watching the squirrels try to carry the big seed heads up the trees. I also used some more of the soap and I think I smell damn good. Thanks, Tammy.

I think I may be getting my annual case pneumonia/bronchitis. Started with dry cough but has now loosened into chest congestion. Slept only about two hours last night and I feel like I’ve been anal-probed by a giant octopus.

The first John Grisham book I read was The Pelican Brief and it is still–along with The Firm also by Grisham–one of my top 10 picks in crime fiction novels. I am rereading the book. I just finished reading Ender’s Game by Orson Scott card which is rated by some as the best sci-fi novel ever. For me, it is a decent read but nowhere near the best ever of the genre.

Have a Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Blog Archive