Saturday, December 13, 2014

Tidings of Great Joy


A bit of good news for me. For the past month, I have been trying a new medication (Arava) for rheumatoid arthritis. It took three weeks for it to begin working but I now have a lot less body soreness and much reduced joint swelling than before. For the most part, I feel better than I have for the past four years. The drug has been around for a while and it does carry dangerous side effects such as severe liver damage or failure, increased chance of cancers, and I am more susceptible to tuberculosis and pneumonia. Test yesterday showed my liver function as normal. I still must have blood test once each month. So far, the only side effect I know I am having is losing more of the few hairs I have left on my head.

No comments:

Blog Archive