Thursday, December 04, 2014

Fees for Free

Remember when you could go to your local bank and many of their services were free of fees? Free check refills, free financial advice, and free of overdraft charges to customers who didn’t make a habit of being over drawn. You could open a savings account and draw decent interest and make unfettered withdrawals whenever you wanted. Now, there is a fee for nearly everything the banks have under their control. You even have to pay them to allow you to use your own savings account funds if you choose to make more than one or two withdrawals per month. In the meantime, they are using your savings to make mortgage and auto loans and raking in several times as much interest as they pay savings account holders. Banks should be federally regulated. Personally, I use a credit union instead of a commercial bank. There, I don’t have to pay a fee each time a teller smiles.

Just ate a bunch of double-dipped chocolate covered peanuts and for some reason I am nauseous. It must be age; I used to eat more than I did today all I got was happiness.

No comments:

Blog Archive