Thursday, August 22, 2013

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich

After a month in rehab, the food I asked for when I got home was peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So fine!
Sammy and Mason came by not long after I arrived home. I had to use the toilet and when Sammy first saw me he grinned so big. pointed at me, and ran off to tell his mama. I trust it was because he was glad to see me and not because I was on the pot. Either one, I was the happiest man in the world. Mason has forgotten me but I hope to see him more and make up for lost time.

The knee is coming along so-so; very sore up to my crotch. The therapists are working me harder at home than they did in rehab. I am closely watching for infection.

I have a few days to work by myself before a therapist comes back on Monday. Tuesday I deal with the steps once more when going to surgeon for checkup.

Taking rat poison for a blood clot in my knee; it seems to be dissolving safely but I will have to be on the med for at least three more months. A nurse just now left me after doing a blood test and taking my vital signs. All were ok.

I know all this is boring but it is my way of coping and trying to make sense of things. I still see no future without crutches but I do see a better future even with them.

I may be late answering your comments but be assured I eagerly read and appreciate all of them.
Have a good weekend, dear ones.

No comments:

Blog Archive