Friday, November 08, 2013

Hallelujah


Another of the boys I grew up with died this week. He was my cousin and next door neighbor and we played together for years. He was only a year older than me.

How come store-bought canned soup has to be so salty and what are they trying to hide with all the sodium? In vegetable soup, all the veggies taste like the peas; might as well buy pea soup which isn’t quite as salty. Maggie is smart by canning her soup at home.

Yesterday at rehab, the therapist pushed my knee down until it was only a very tiny distance from the mat. The good part is that it did not spring back like it had been doing. The bad part is that it hurt like hell. Of course, I’m in it for the glory so pain is of no consequence.

PBS channel on Roku is airing Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin’ beginning today. Jimi changed the concept of Blues and Rock music from the ordinary to the sublime. He is still being copied today. Check it out on American Masters.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.

No comments:

Blog Archive